[Mageia-dev] packages branches and revision numbers when submiting packages with mgarepo

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Sat Jan 29 15:30:43 CET 2011

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011, Anssi Hannula wrote:

> AFAICS the above branch scheme doesn't work well with changelog
> generation. As changelog is generated from [packagename]/releases, one
> of two things seems bound to happen:
>
> a) There is no [packagename]/releases under the branch, and the
> changelog gets messed up (all commits since initial package import in a
> single release entry), or
>
> b) One tries to keep [packagename]/releases to preserve sane changelog
> when branching, but this will fail as this SVN command is invalid, as
> one can't copy a directory into itself:
> svn cp /packages/cauldron/[packagename]
> /packages/cauldron/[packagename]/branches/[branchname]

Good question. I have looked at how it is working now :
 - it first looks at all svn logs from [packagename]/releases, and
   extract infos from "%repsys markrelease" logs, which contains
   infos about packages version, release, and relrevision.
 - it use commit logs from [packagename]/current and groups them by
   package releases using the infos from markrelease.

So I think we can do this :
 - We don't copy releases directory in branches, only SPECS and SOURCES
   directories, we share the releases directory for current and branches.
 - In "%repsys markrelease" commits, we include the branch name
 - When generating logs for a branch package we only use markrelease
   infos from that branch, and from current from before the first
   markrelease for the branch
 - When generating logs for current package, we ignore markrelease from
   other branches

Does it look ok ?