[Mageia-dev] Packager meetings for tonight

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:08:52 CET 2011

On 3 February 2011 17:06, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>> So as discussed tonight ( but if you couldn't be present at the meeting,
>> do not hesitate to express yourself now ), we proposed to have some
>> order in the import of rpm ( ie avoid the resulting anarchy due to lack
>> of process for bootstrap ).
>>
>> In order to start by something tangible and easy to manage, let's take a
>> concrete case. The sysadmin team discussed to use mageia on the servers
>> ( once the stable release is out ie, not now ) for obvious reasons of
>> dogfooding. But for this, we will have to import the needed rpms. I
>> extracted from puppet logs the lists of rpm, and I have a list of the
>> major component needed.
>>
>> The rule would be to take 1 and only 1 rpm ( or family ) at the time, to
>> make sure it work fine ( ie, compile for the moment, and also install ),
>> to make sure the package is cleaned ( ie, patchs sent upstream,
>> commented, etc ), and to make sure that everybody can find something to
>> do.
>>
>> And that of course requires to do the same for missing BuildRequires,
>> and Requires ( but since lots of rpm have been imported without being
>> fully cleaned, and since there is now a fast web interface for svn,
>> people have no excuse to not check ).
>>
>> I will place the list on the wiki tomorrow, and people wishing to work
>> on importing a rpm should add their name/login/whatever after the rpm,
>> and then to work on it. If there is already someone working on a rpm,
>> just take another one, or try to work with this person.
>
> So it seems that my list of 20 rpms is now much lower than needed, as
> most servers applications needed have been imported.
>
> The only thing left are :

What would really help us is the list of actually successfully build
package rather than
 the list of submitted packages that we previously have on pkgsubmit.mga.org
It has been replaced by the list of missing BR for currently submited packages
(http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/data/missing-deps.i586.txt) but having the list
of succesfully rebuild packages would help too.