[Mageia-dev] Announcing a web viewer for svn, + quick guide to the svn

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 23:44:25 CET 2011

On 1 February 2011 18:45, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

[...]

> /packages
> ---------
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/
>
> /packages is where you can find specs files, patches and everything
> needed to rebuild packages. The best way to access is is using mgarepo,
> as explained by the wiki and boklm.
> There is 2 directories :
> misc -> contains the old changelog of imported packages
>
> cauldron -> 1 directory per package name
>
> In a package directory ( like
> http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/acpi/ ), you will find
> 3 subdirectories most of the time :
>
> pristine/
> releases/
> current/
>
> pristine/ hold the latest submitted rpm ( ie, the specs and sources ).
> releases/ work like the tags directory of usual subversion layout, with
> the older version of the rpms, and current/ is the current work.
>
> When using mgarepo, it take current/, and that's where people should
> look for the newest version.
>
> Since no one except some people who work on the BS will likely be
> interested in the details, I will not go further ( being myself in the
> list of those that do not remember the details :p )

For firefox users, you can access the spec file of a package directly
using the firefox keyword feature:
- Open Bookmarks -> Show all bookmarks
- Right click the folder you want to create the bookmark in, then
"Create new bookmark"
- Location should be:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/%s/current/SPECS/%s.spec

- Open "More", and put the keyword you want in the Keyword box (for
example svnm)

- To use it, in firefox Location/url bar type:
svnm amarok

and press Enter. That should directly open
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/amarok/current/SPECS/amarok.spec

(what it does is replace each %s with the text you type after the keyword).

[...]
--
Ahmad Samir