[Mageia-dev] [mageia-dev] Installer progress bootloader installation

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 19:07:19 CET 2011

On 15 February 2011 19:35, Daniel Kreuter
<daniel.kreuter85 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i've installed Mageia Alpha1 in Virtual Box 4.0.2 for now. What i dislike at
> the installer is, that i can't choose on which hard-drive to install the
> bootloader, or is it just disabled when having only one hard drive?
>
> Because when i want to install Mageia on my old Notebook, I need to install
> it on a external 2,5" hard drive because my cd-rom drive doesn't work
> anymore, and when he installes the bootloader on the wrong hard drive that
> would be quit bad.
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>
> Greetings
>
> Daniel Kreuter

IIRC you can select where GRUB gets installed from the "Summary" page
in the installer, i.e. the bootloader isn't installed before you pass
this page IIRC.

P.S. you don't need to add [mageia-dev] manually to the subject, the
ML does that automatically for you.

--
Ahmad Samir