[Mageia-dev] Where is mageia bugzilla

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 03:00:54 CET 2011

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 03:42:21 -0500, Thomas Backlund <tmb at iki.fi> wrote:

> at the initial splash screen (where it states "boot from harddisk,
> install mageia, ...) press esc and accept to go to text screen.
> Then type: alt1 and press enter.

I tried that, but it caused VirtualBox 4 to crash.

I finally got around mkinitrd failing by booting from a knoppix image,
which uses HZ_300, and used chroot to get into the partially installed
magiea.  I then ran the mkinitrd, after which I rebooted the mageia
install, and used the upgrade option to finish the install.

I've installed the kernel source, and am now compiling a custom kernel
using HZ_100.  I expect that'll take at least 12 hours, on this system.

I'll report back what kind of difference it makes, once I can compare
the performance with the HZ 100 and HZ 1000.

Regards, Dave Hodgins