[Mageia-dev] 1st test upgrade of our servers ( using vm )

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Tue Feb 22 18:28:27 CET 2011

Thierry Vignaud a écrit :

> On 17 February 2011 18:04, Thomas Backlund<tmb at iki.fi>  wrote:
>>> here is the list of package that were not upgraded :
>>>
>>> # rpm -qa | grep -v mga  | sort
>>
>>> kernel-desktop-2.6.33.7-2mnb-1-1mnb2
>>
>> This is normal, as we dont remove kernels automatically...
>
> but urpme --auto-orphan should.
>
> Maybe is it time we offer to remove orphan packages at end of upgrade
> in drakx too.

It would be the better if the auto-orphan option gave 2 options for each
package
1) don't remove
2) don't ask again (when the user is sure)
since often it guesses wrong.
The current fix for false positives is awkward (doing an install in
urpmi when the package is already installed) -- the right place to fix
it is in the auto-orphan process.

--
André