[Mageia-dev] cleaning old architecutres in glibc and elsewhere

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 13:17:03 CET 2011

On 24 February 2011 08:14, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
> What is to be gained by removing the support for these architectures?
>
> I would say if it doesn't have any practical advantage (apart from 'code
> cleanliness') then I would keep them, even if nobody wants to support
> those archs now, you never know if someone might want to do it in the
> future.

I would have agree with you but here those bits are just claims embedded
in the spec.
There's no real support for those arches since glibc wasn't build for them
since 2006-2007 (glibc-2.4)

Those spec bits are just rotten bits. that :
- may now be irrelevant
- have been tested with current glibc code
- may not even apply (if there're patches too)

anyway they can always be resurected if someone stands out in order
to support one of those arches