[Mageia-dev] noarch subpackages

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 21:07:32 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 16:45, Arnaud Patard <arnaud.patard at rtp-net.org> wrote:
> Pascal Terjan <pterjan at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi packagers,
>>
>> I have just tested and our build system supports having a noarch
>> subpackage together with arch specific ones.
>> So please, have noarch data/doc packages (expecially for games or
>> other stuff with huge data), this will allow them to not be duplicated
>> on mirrors
>
> What about adding a check in rpmlint for that in order to make it more
> "visible" ?

There is one which needs to be updated
Currently it gives an error (no-binary) if a package has no binaries
and is not noarch and the package has the same name as src.rpm
Removing the last check would make it complain on other subpackages, I
did not check that it works fine for packages with non binary arch
dependant files (in libdir)