[Mageia-dev] freedesktop spec and categories

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 18:38:49 CET 2011

Op vrijdag 25 februari 2011 01:12:07 schreef Michael Scherer:
> Le vendredi 25 février 2011 à 00:09 +0200, Anssi Hannula a écrit :
[...]
> > No idea. IMO finding the wanted application is faster when it goes
> > Internet => 5-7 submenus => each with 2-5 app entries
> > instead of the current
> > Internet => 20 app entries, plus 10 more in "More"
>
> Yes. But I think that what some people want is
> Internet => 30 apps.
> ( ie, suppress More )
[...]

I agree with Anssi on this, but personally, i like even more Internet => 30
apps. than an illogical submenu "More" which doesn't mean anything.

in fact, what i usually do, is go to the more link, so that both are shown,
and then i scan where the program is, that i want. an alphabetical list of 30
would even be better than something like this.

my internet and tools menu also is cluttered with 20+ apps.

so, personally, by preference:

1. usefull subcategorisation of Internet
2. long alphabetical list of Internet
999. i die
1000. more submenu