[Mageia-dev] About panotools patent problem (and other problematic rpms)

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Sat Feb 26 21:20:23 CET 2011

Anssi Hannula a écrit :

> On 26.02.2011 07:35, andre999 wrote:
>> actually, any of those suggestions would be an improvement ;)
>> I did suggest "contrained".
>> Ubuntu uses "restricted" and/or "multiverse" (which include mostly
>> non-free packages), and there were a lot of other suggestions.
>> There was only ONE that seemed inappropriate.
>
> Ubuntu's "multiverse" and "restricted" contain non-free packages only.
> Packages in "tainted" are all free packages.

ok
just the Ubuntu web site repository descriptions indicate that
patent-threatened or legally restricted packages would go into these
repositories, along with the usual non-free.
I have no idea what they do in practice.

do you mean that you consider that non-free packages should go into
non-free, even if threatened by legal or patent constraints ?

--
André