[Mageia-dev] xserver-1.10

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 12:24:04 CET 2011

On 2 March 2011 11:42, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
>> WDYT?
> What is the timeframe of this move ?
> ( and I would not wait for nvidia/fglrx personnally ).

Well, it depends if we wait for nvidia+fglrx.
Since we do not currently build binary dkms anyway (hint, hint!!!), we may not
wait for those.

At least I'm waiting for most important drivers to be released with
1.10 support,
that is at least:
- input: evdev, synaptics, wacom (+mouse, +keyboard)
- video: ati, intel, nouveau,

But I would not move into core/release until most hw support is available for
1.10 (that is eg SIS video driver but not citron input driver)

> I would also not put in core/testing, as i doubt people use this.
> just upload to core/release directly, or say "i upload and will put in
> release
> after 1 week".

This enables _not_ to have broken installations.
Though this should not happen now that I've added strict ABI requires for
input & video drivers.

More information about the Mageia-dev mailing list