[Mageia-dev] RPM5 AND MAGEIA

Pierre Jarillon jarillon at abul.org
Wed Mar 2 22:11:44 CET 2011

Le mercredi 2 mars 2011 16:29:20, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> So I guess rpm5 is not for now a priority given the size of pending
> todo list. Also If we do have a look on it, we will for better have a
> team on it rather than one guy to avoid single point of failure.

Clever decision, I fully agree.
Switching to rpm5 was weeks of discussions, troubles and works for Mandriva.
I can guess that rpm5 is better... but better for who ? Users see only a
system which works without problems.

Note: this is my first post on Mageia. I have installed alpha one on a PC and
I find the result is very good. For example I succeded to have the sound on my
external Delta44 card. It doesn't work since Mdv 2010.0...
I have however found some bugs. Where and how can I report them?

--
Pierre Jarillon - http://pjarillon.free.fr/
Vice-président de l'ABUL : http://abul.org/