[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Mar 3 16:07:36 CET 2011

----- "Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:

>  * packagers/contributors [sh|w]ould use & publish their real name
> (as
> registered in identity),

I would just like to note that, during registration on identity, we only prompt for a 'First name' and 'Surname', however we populate the LDAP attributes 'givenName' and 'sn' respectively, but also populate 'cn' with the concatenation of these. For "promoted" accounts, we populate 'gecos' as well (which is typically displayed by the operating system) from cn.

So far, I think all applications we have deployed or plan to deploy soon will use 'cn' as the user's real name (e.g. bugzilla).

So, we should possibly distinguish more clearly between what names are in identity, and also distinguish between:

* Package info (incl. changelog From header) should contain only organisation details
* Package info should contain username
* Package info should contain alias (e.g. cn)
* Package info should contain real names according to identity (givenName,sn)

This would possibly need to be considered for other cases such as forum, bugzilla, blog, wiki etc. etc. (although, ideally they would be consistent, so we can keep software configuration consistent).

>  * packagers/contributors [sh|w]ould publish their contact email
> (same),
>  * in their contributions to the project (here, in the changelog),
>  * if it should be strictly enforced or not, and why.

Is there any legal requirement, specifically in terms of proving copyright ownership of files contributed by users who have no legal connection to the association?

Regards,
Buchan