[Mageia-dev] Contributors using real name/working email? or not? or maybe?

Wolfgang Bornath molch.b at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 4 13:57:01 CET 2011

2011/3/4 Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org>:

> Quote: Wolfgang Bornath wrote on Fri, 04 March 2011 13:36
>
>> Why? Don't you know how to use filters in your mail client? I guess you
>> do know.
>> I have an inbox for each mailing list, my mail client (actually google
>> mail) stores each mail from all those lists in its own box.
>
> It has got nothing to do with inbox sorting, it's to be able to easily
> change and block off one email address when it ends up on some spam list,
> without affecting anything else.

My experience of the last 3 years shows that the spam I get is very low.
Spam escaping Google's spam filter is around 3-4 per week.
Spam in Google's spam folder is between 15-25 per day, but that does
not bother me anyway.

Also I would not change mail addresses just because of spam. For
excessive spam I'd rather use other means like a good spam filter
and/or a tar pit or whatever. I'm not used to let spammers rule my
mail system.

--
wobo