[Mageia-dev] Alpha2 iso content

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 19:54:42 CET 2011

Op vrijdag 04 maart 2011 19:44:37 schreef Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2011/3/4 Maarten Vanraes <maarten.vanraes at gmail.com>:
> > if you have the boot.iso, you still have to have your own mirror (which
> > takes a lot of bandwidth too).
>
> Why's that? I select installation via FTP and connect to the next
> Mageia mirror, no?

installation via non-local FTP takes a very long time to do... a lot longer
then iso install or installing from local rsync

perhaps you are blessed with an extremely fast regional mageia mirror that
will is not over capacity?

also during alpha release, there were people who had to wait quite a while to
get the iso.