[Mageia-dev] Importing Licensing Policy

Remy CLOUARD shikamaru at mandriva.org
Sat Mar 5 10:38:59 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 05, 2011 at 01:23:25AM +0200, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> On 28.02.2011 03:51, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> > On 09.01.2011 01:15, Remy CLOUARD wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I just started to import the Licensing policy from the Mandriva wiki.
> >>
> >> Here are notable changes:
> >>
> > [...]
> >> - adding a complete list of license names (produced by rpmlint)
> >
> > This list directly contradicts the Fedora naming convention which we
> > use, i.e. most of the names in the list are different from the ones we
> > actually use.
>
> Removed.
>
> --
> Anssi Hannula

All right, but where do one find the list of available license names ?

I used rpmlint to produce this list, so if these licenses are wrong, we
need some list of valid licenses names, so that we can fix rpmlint too.

As a side note, we will also have a lot of work to fix all the wrong
license names in the existing packages

Regards,
--
Rémy CLOUARD