[Mageia-dev] Yet another list of missing packages

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Mar 10 16:13:26 CET 2011

Le jeudi 10 mars 2011 à 11:00 +0100, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> Hi there
>
> I've tried to formalize a list of missing packages:
> http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=missing_packages
>
> These are packages included in rpmsrate file but not available in
> Mageia. So basically they should be included in isos depending on
> weight. Please follow pattern if you want to contribute it will help
> also to clean rpmsrate.
>
> These packages are not mandatory but please do not forget to add
> reason if there are not to be imported.

I think we should do some cleaning.
- zcip is dead upstream ( but I imported before seeing this )
- rpm-rebuilder is IMHO not used much
- zaptel-* are deprecated, that's now called dadhi
- rio500, does people still have this hardware ?
- sndconfig, same question ( afaik, it serve to configure isa sound
cards )

There is also a lot of hardware related software, can people check if
this is still used ?
--
Michael Scherer