[Mageia-dev] Yet another list of missing packages

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Mar 10 16:33:35 CET 2011

Quote: Thierry Vignaud wrote on Thu, 10 March 2011 16:21

> But ISApnp cards cannot be inserted in modern machines for ~8 years.
> Dunno until what years ISA sound chips got still implemented on
> motherboards.
> At least, I haven't seen any request for ISA support for 4-5 years.

I still have an old PC with an ISA Sound Blaster AWE 64 sound card (with
12MB sample RAM expansion board) and an ISA Gravis Ultrasound PnP card
(with 8MB sample RAM), currently mdv 2008.1 is installed on it and I still
use it occasionally for specific purposes.

I would assume that in 'poorer' countries this hardware is still common
enough that we should include those packages. As long as it builds, why
not?

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/