[Mageia-dev] Seamonkey package

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 10:33:04 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 00:35, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 11 mars 2011 à 00:28 +0100, nicolas vigier a écrit :

>> > Same rules AFAIK, see
>> >   http://www.mozilla.org/foundation/trademarks/policy.html

Wasn''t there a license change regarding the Firefox logo in the end
of 2010, that was related to this?

>> Does anyone know if we had to request permission to use firefox and
>> thunderbird trademarks ?
>
> For mandriva, it was done IIRC, but I think that sharing a part of the
> building eased the dialog :)

If needed, I can forward the request through the Mozilla Europe guys
(across the street) who will certainly route us to the right people to
ask.

As far as I remember, having discussed about that with them in the
past, there are two orthogonal product visions at stake here; so even
in the long run, that will certainly be beneficial to work upstream to
ease Firefox packaging and tuning on Linux platforms in general (and
Mageia in particular).

Romain