[Mageia-dev] help wanted for building a buildnode-in-a-VM

philippe makowski makowski.mageia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:57:14 CET 2011

2011/3/13 Olivier Blin <mageia at blino.org>:
> Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> writes:
>
>>> yeah, so i'm gonna see how far it get with iurt...
>>
>> Having a working out of the box package of iurt would be a killer
>> feature. Fedora does offer mock for that, and that's quite handy.
>
> It already works pretty well out of the box.
I don't want to argue on this, but in my case I never manage to get it
working "out of the box"
It seems to me that without a local repo, this is a no way

In fact the thing we miss is what fedora have with Scratch Builds
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsingKoji)

if we can do a :
rpmbuild -bs foo.spec
mgarepo build-scratch cauldron x86_64 foo.srpm

it would be really a good thing
Apprentice could have the right to as soon as they have the commit rights
we could then test the build in the same env than a submit, and grab
after the rpm to test them or read the log to avoid failed before
final magrepo submit

the main problem is to have a policy on how long these builds have to
be kept, and certainly resources for that