[Mageia-dev] [RPM] cauldron core/release playonlinux-3.8.8-2.mga1

Anssi Hannula anssi.hannula at iki.fi
Tue Mar 15 11:48:10 CET 2011

On 12.03.2011 12:12, Samuel Verschelde wrote:
> Le samedi 12 mars 2011 09:27:54, Thierry Vignaud a écrit :
>> On 11 March 2011 12:19, Mageia Team <buildsystem-daemon at mageia.org> wrote:
>>> stormi <stormi> 3.8.8-2.mga1:
>>> + Revision: 68228
>>> - clean spec
>>> - imported package playonlinux
>>
>> This is bogus as in Mandriva.
>> It enforces installing wine, thus loosing 64b support on x86_64
>> by removing wine64 in favor of wine.
>
> What would be the solution ? I must admit I didn't know this problem in
> Mandriva because I have only i586 systems.

If you want playonlinux to always depend on 32-bit wine, while allowing
64-bit installations to have both 32-bit and 64-bit wine, you can use
requires on "wine32".

If, on the other hand, you want playonlinux to depend on any wine
regardless of bitness, you can use requires on "wine-bin" (note that
64-bit wine can't execute win32 applications without "wine32" package
aka 32-bit wine).

Using simply requires on "wine" prevents installation of 64-bit wine
completely, so it is therefore wrong.

--
Anssi Hannula