[Mageia-dev] Packaging errors to fix

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:17:03 CET 2011

On 15 March 2011 14:38, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> First, the various /dev/null related problem. I am not sure if we should
> assume that /dev/null exist and is working. If we do, maybe we could
> make sure it is created, for example as part as filesystem %post ?

For this, I would say it's usual Jbj bullshit because it didn't try to
search prior art in mdv world:

1) /dev/null is created by makedev which is required by basesystem-minimal.
2) anyway, urpmi creates /dev/null if it doesn't exists anyway.
3) urpmi is used by drakx-installer too.

Every case should be thus covered.
However he did saw this error.
Since we haven't seen this error before, I would like to look how it
performed what he did.