[Mageia-dev] Packaging errors to fix

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 15:53:55 CET 2011

On 15 March 2011 19:06, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> We did have some troubles with loops at building time when we
> bootstrapped the distribution, and we clearly wanted to remove them as
> much as possible.
>
> A loop at runtime is potentially the sign of a loop at build time too.
> So we should try to avoid them IMHO.
>
> In the case of dbus, yes, the requires are correct, but the ordering
> seems wrong during the test. So either there is a bug in what ever jbj
> is running, or we do use Requires(post) in a wrong way, or that's a
> change somewhere. In any case, there is still the others problem to look
> at :)

Sure, it would be best.
But we cannot handle everything at every level.
There're many hidden dependancy that will broke.

Eg: if you do a minimal install with just basesystem, then install some
random GUI package, you'll got caught in strange bugs due to having
no font, ...
Which is usually installed by task-x11 which got installed though rpmsrate.
We won't make every GUI package depends on task-x11 however.

And there'll be a lot of other hidden dependancies and the like.