[Mageia-dev] HALectomy on mageia ?

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Mar 17 11:30:06 CET 2011

Quote: Thierry Vignaud wrote on Thu, 17 March 2011 11:01

> >> Actually you were the one sponsouring such usage :) ...
> >
> > Absolutely not, I always said people should be able to choose alias
> > or real
> > name, but use whatever they choose consistently!
>
> You said you wanted to use one email for packaging and one for list.
> This is exactly what happens here...

Huh? What has the email address got to do with the alias or real name?

I don't identify people by email addresses (I doubt anyone does), but by
the name that's in front of the email address and/or in the signature.

to make it clear:   john doe <jd56 at dfgfgf.cg>
or with an alias:   johnny99 <jd56 at dfgfgf.cg>

It's the name that counts not the email address, I thought that's fairly
obvious and it would be nice if people would always use either the nick
name or the real name consistently everywhere (ML, IRC, bugtrack, forum,
etc.)

Email addresses are a commodity with little meaning.

Anyway this is completely off-topic in this thread.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/