[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Wed Mar 23 13:18:43 CET 2011

Quote: Balcaen John wrote on Wed, 23 March 2011 11:37

> > Can we please reenable the qt3-devel package as it's
> > required to build the TrinityDE (www.trinitydesktop.org)
> Did you rebuild qt3 locally & the whole trinityDE with sucess ?

Yes I just rebuilt qt3 locally with -devel with the intention to build
TrinityDE. I don't see any reason why TrinityDE shouldn't build, it builds
on many current distros since it's being actively developed on current
distros.

> Maybe we can simply wait for the migration to Qt4 instead of
> importing/linking again Qt3 before obsoleting it in 6 months  ?

The migration to QT4 looks like a long process. In the meantime there is an
actively maintained current version of TrinityDE (3.5.12) which I want to
use and I imagine there are surely other people who still prefer the look
and feel and performance of KDE3.5 upon which TrinityDE is based.

Version 3.5.12 was just released a couple of weeks ago:
http://www.trinitydesktop.org/releases.php

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/