[Mageia-dev] vbox/vboxadditions conflicts question

Frank Griffin ftg at roadrunner.com
Wed Mar 23 14:19:14 CET 2011

On 03/23/2011 08:45 AM, Olivier Blin wrote:

> Don't you have x11 packages for vbox guest installed?

That was it, thanks.

Apparently virtualbox-additions and the x11 package were forced on
during my post-installation processing.  Is there an rpm or urpmq query
that will highlight conflicts between installed packages on a system ?
For example, if I installed dkms-virtualbox and then installed
dkms-vboxadditions with --force, is there a query which would report
that these two are in conflict ?

My post-installation processing installs over 1000 additional packages
to bring a fresh system up to the state of the system it is replacing,
and --force is necessary to prevent scores of bogus prompts.  It would
be convenient to be able to detect the remaining conflicts once the dust
has settled and the installs are finished so that any remaining
conflicts can be addressed manually.