[Mageia-dev] building a dashboard for the whole build chain

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:52:45 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 23:05, Olivier Blin <mageia at blino.org> wrote:
> "Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com> writes:
>>           + Build 1a0 (context diff w/ build 199) – 2011-03-14 23:03:15
>>                o DVD i586, build ok (log), tests failed (log),
>>                  cauldron-2-dvd-i586-1a0-qafail.iso
>>                o DVD x86_64, build ok (log), tests ok (log),
>>                  cauldron-2-dvd-i586-1a0-ok.iso
>>                o CD dual, build failed (log)
>>                o building netinstall image...
>
> You probably want to list live CDs here as well.

Among others, yes. It depends on several things.

But let me continue in a different way then. For each major step:
 * how could I get/gather/query those values? I guess for most of
these, we'd need to setup a service to check and publish these, but to
start easy, what would be already available?
 * what useful metrics are missing (and same question as above)?
 * what metrics are useless (and why)?

For instance, using a HTTP GET to query, let me focus on these:
 * buildsystem: what values could I get already?
 * source packages: where could I get the number of packages, the size
of the whole thing? orphan status will come out maintdb which is
mostly ready; open bugs would come from Bugzilla or a proxy service;
what about rpmlint reports?
 * compiled packages: where/how could I get repository size, number of
packages? hdlist status? signatures status? dependencies?

That would be a start, both to push some live data into this prototype
(querying all values every two hours for instance, and keeping track
of them) and to start thinking of setting up additional
services/checks.

Romain