[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Wed Mar 23 19:50:39 CET 2011

Quote: nicolas vigier wrote on Wed, 23 March 2011 19:22
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Robert Xu wrote:
>

> > And I hate to double post, but I do know that the %configure_kde3
> > macro should point to /opt/kde3... :)
>
> So that means that all KDE applications will be twice on the
> repository,
> one for KDE4, and one for TDE ? I think that can be confusing for
> users.

KDE3 and KDE4 have coexisted perfectly happily in Mandriva 2009.1 and
2010.0.
I don't see why that should be a problem with TDE and KDE4 in Mageia.

Robert Xu wrote:
> I recommend seeing this message:
> http://trinity-users.pearsoncomputing.net/?0::593

Thanks, I was aware of the mdv 2010.1 kde 3.5.10 packages from Tim and
tarakbumba but I didn't know about the TDE packages. They can certainly be
very useful.

> I do it for Fedora, and partially for openSUSE with the KDE:KDE3
> maintainer.
> I was going to do some for Mandriva, but I've got a lot on my hands
> and not a lot of experience with Mandriva/Mageia macros and that
> stuff, so I can help, but someone else has to maintain the spec ;)
>
> (PM me for more info on packaging Trinity, including write access to
> the trinity's SVN for packaging)

Where do you have the Fedora and openSUSE spec files?
Those could be useful as reference.

I will PM you eventually but first I have to have a close look at
everything, SVN write access would be premature for now.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/