[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:58:50 CET 2011

On 24 March 2011 00:48, Olivier Blin <mageia at blino.org> wrote:
> Ahmad Samir <ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> We shouldn't under any circumstances add kde3 in the repos, fork or not.
>>
>> Users see a package in the repos and they expect it to be maintained,
>> this will not be the case, we can't support KDE4 and KDE3 at the same
>> time. Past experience tells us this is a major hassle/pain, and we
>> shouldn't have to go back to that murky situation.
>
> That's not KDE3, it's a fork with new maintainers.

The point still stands, will Trinity be another DE? or will we have to
add conflicts in Trinity <-> KDE4 specs?

If the latter, then I don't fancy adding the conflicts in each of the
various kde4 specs (having just removed them a few months ago, and
that took quite a lot of work), just to have another DE.

--
Ahmad Samir