[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Mar 24 10:31:25 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Robert Xu wrote:

> As I reiterate, Trinity does not interfere with KDE4 in any way, if
> you keep /opt/kde3

Are you sure ?

For libs installed in /opt/kde3/lib, rpm find-provides will add the
provides for the libs on the packages. When an other package require
this library, it will give the choice to install the Trinity package and
some people will do it.

Then there is two options :
 - /opt/kde3/lib is not in ld.so.conf, and the programs using this lib
   will not run
 - /opt/kde3/lib is in ld.so.conf, so the programs using this lib will
   run, but we can have two versions of the lib installed, one in /usr/lib
   and one in /opt/kde3/lib, and we don't know which one will be used, so
   we can see various strange problems.