[Mageia-dev] Non-free firmwares in installer

Thorsten van Lil tvl83 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 24 11:15:59 CET 2011

Am 24.03.2011 09:57, schrieb Wolfgang Bornath:
> 2011/3/24 Ahmad Samir<ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com>:

>>> No, but the question is more , will we provide a "non free" dvd iso,
>>> and this question is i think interesting.
>>>
> A possible solution for people with such a setup could be a non-free
> "driver cd ISO" which they could include in the installation process.

What about a DVD including non-free packages but has the option to not
install them?
I think the majority of the users don't care that much about proprietary
issues, they just need them for using there wireless card or graphic
card. Those how do care can just uncheck the non-free part of the DVD. :)

Regards,
Thorsten