[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

andre999 andr55 at laposte.net
Thu Mar 24 22:19:32 CET 2011

Robert Xu a écrit :

> On Mar 23, 2011, at 17:28, Dexter Morgan<dmorganec at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> This would be a mess, like previously with Mandriva and its few
>>> third-party repositories with various quality level, where the distro
>>> packaging policy can't be enforced.
>>> This is bad for end-users.
>>>
>>> Why not include TrinityDE in Mageia repos?
>>> If not conflicting with KDE4, not having similar provides, and not even
>>> installed by default, it seems ok to include it in the distro.
>>
>> we will face too many pbs simple question:
>>
>> we provide k3b ( kde apps )  trinity provide k3b ( kde3 apps )
>
> Uh, no, k3b-trinity or k3b-kde3
>

>> files are similar ( or named the same ), how users will distinguish
>
> No.. That's the purpose of /opt/kde3
>
>> the version it wants? how to deal with conflicts ?
>
> What conflicts? We're installing in a seperate prefix. Also, the RPM
> requires, provides, conflicts, etc have long been fixed, no?

It might be better to use /usr/tde/kde3/ instead of /opt/kde3/ (which is
a bit questionable according to fs guidelines).
(assuming of course that /usr/tde/ is used for trinity.)

That way it is unquestionably linked to trinity, and can be easily
retired without fear of conflict when trinity migration is complete.
Maybe the same could be done for qt3-devel requirements ?
(Of course that would be more work for trinity people.)

It is better to use trinity-kde3 for requires, as someone else suggested.
(And similarly trinity-qt3-devel.)

my 2 cents :)

--
André