[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Fri Mar 25 10:09:57 CET 2011

Quote: yves wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 09:42
> Hi,
> QT4 is released since 2005, about... 6 years ?
> So, why is it usefull to maintain a package that "becomes" depreciated
> ?

You are missing the point. QT3 is already part of Mageia and it wasn't me
who added it. All I'm asking is if there is any compelling reason not to
enable qt3-devel in the existing qt3
source package that is part of Mageia.

If there isn't any COMPELLING reason, then qt3-devel should be reenabled as
long as someone wishes it.

What everyone here seems to forget is that a community distro should be
first and foremost about FREEDOM. Freedom to let others enjoy their
preferred software, not ARTIFICIAL RESTRICTIONS imposed by personal
preferences or unnecessarily restrictive ARBITRARY RULES made up along the
way by a few of the core members.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/