[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Fri Mar 25 12:00:38 CET 2011

Quote: nicolas vigier wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 11:50

> > Having a qt3-devel packages does not automatically imply having
> > packages
> > based on it in the official repos.
>
> Why do you want to have a qt3-devel package on the official repos, if
> it's not to have other packages based on it ?

Why do you NOT want to have it in the repo?
Does it affect you if it's in the repo?
Did you read Xavier's post?

> Nothing prevent you from building the package on your computer if you
> want it. But we don't want it on the repository for the reasons
> already
> explained ...

I have only seen arbitrary reasons based on personal preferences, not an
objective compelling reason.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/