[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Fri Mar 25 12:18:38 CET 2011

Quote: nicolas vigier wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 12:08

> Because we want to be sure that nothing is built on this library.

So you are arbitrarily making life harder to people like Xavier and
myself.

> And you still didn't explain why you want it, if it's not to build
> software based on it.

Of course I want to build sw based on it, I said so in the first post of
this thread, but that doesn't automatically imply that t this software
will be in the Mageia repos (that's a separate issue).

> And do you have any objective compelling reason to include qt3-devel,
> other than an arbitrary reason based on personal preferences ?

See the first post of this thread and indeed even the subject of this
thread.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/