[Mageia-dev] qt3-devel needed for Trinitydesktop (KDE 3.5 successor)

Balcaen John balcaen.john at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:30:52 CET 2011

On Friday 25 March 2011 08:18:38, Tux99 wrote:
> Quote: nicolas vigier wrote on Fri, 25 March 2011 12:08
>
> > Because we want to be sure that nothing is built on this library.
>
> So you are arbitrarily making life harder to people like Xavier and
> myself.
If you think so...
As as already said earlier, if you want to compile TDE, you can also compile
qt3 with devel enable because you 'll need to *patch* qt3 to be able to
compile TDE >=3.5.12 cf
http://www.trinitydesktop.org/wiki/bin/view/Developers/Qt3
So it's just not about « enable -devel » in qt3 package because i guess you're
not going to stick with with TDE 3.5.12 i guess ?
So i'll repeat myself once more :
-> enable qt3 with devel support on your box
-> patch it (because i expect you want to fix some TDE bugs available in 3.5.12
& you'll need to patch for TDE from svn > 1214094
-> compile, test TDE on your computer with a prefix in /usr (&not /opt)
-> if everything is ok, ask for a space online (i can help if it's really
needed for that) to provide TDE in a contrib for more tests
-> & than if it's ok we can start thinking about including some part of it

Regards,

--
Balcaen John