[Mageia-dev] Non-free firmwares in installer

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 26 23:15:22 CET 2011

Anssi Hannula <anssi.hannula at iki.fi> schrieb am 26.03.2011
> I don't really have a strong preference here, as long as
> 1) it is consistent, and
> 2) users are happy (e.g. no situation where even the free radeon
> driver doesn't work with any ISO)
Couldn't we have the following:

- Live CDs (like Mandriva One, including proprietary stuff) (live cds
are planned, aren't they?
- A purely free, libre and open source installer dvd
- An addon cd for the installer dvd containing the firmware, drivers
and stuff?

I know, if we have those "One-like" live cds, we don't really need the
last one, but I'm quite sure, there are more people than me out here,
who prefer a normal installer iso over a live cd...

Oliver