[Mageia-dev] Tainted Software - once more

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 11:03:51 CEST 2011

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 10:17, Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com> wrote:
> What is our policy about "tainted packages"? It's quite clear we have to check
> every one of them, if they can be distributed by us, but do we have any
> guidlines?

The guidelines should be progressive: what goes into core, what goes
into nonfree, what goes into tainted, and the rest (if there is). I
guess that's what's needed?

As for guidelines regarding tainted, there's this draft relative to sw
patents that did not make a lot of progress so far:
http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=software_patents_policy . As a more
general guideline, I'd suggest to wait at least for this evening
meeting since we will discuss/clear out the issue regarding
core/nonfree (and hopefully of their respective inclusion on some of
our releases ISOs).

Romain