[Mageia-dev] dual iso content

Thomas Lottmann skipercooker at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:06:53 CEST 2011

Le 04/04/2011 13:44, James Kerr a écrit :
> On 04/04/11 10:49, Donald Stewart wrote:
>> On 4 April 2011 10:35, Anne nicolas<ennael at mageia.org> wrote:
>>> Hi there
>>>
>>> While working on beta1 isos, looks like recent improvement in deps
>>> management for base system made some more free space. I know have 30
>>> Mo available to add more packages. Just keep in mind that dual content
>>> is both 32 and 64 bits and focus on minimal installation and
>>> diagnostic tools
>>>
>>> Here is the current list:
>>> http://zarb.org/~ennael/mageia-dual-1-Beta1-dual.idx
>>>
>>> Feel free to comment
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> --
>>> Anne
>>> http://www.mageia.org
>>>

>> mc would be nice. Otherwise the list looks good.
>>

> I agree. nano would also be useful. (At least one of those two should be
> included.) A few of us still haven't mastered vi. :)

I don't want to start a flamewar or something, but keep in mind that
there are several people, pretty much unexperienced with Linux and
keyboard shortcuts or combining them. They might be lost or in
difficulty if nano is installed on it's own. mc or mcedit isn't too
heavy and so easy to use that it would be a good idea, in my opinion, to
include it.

This is from my own experience. Now, I can manage to learn how to use
nano or vi (I use emacs personally), but editing in text console was
such a pain when I started using Linux until I found out about mcedit.
So...

Couldn't it be possible to installed both mcedit (basic) and nano
(advanced) then? Its not like if they were heavy...