[Mageia-dev] Live CD - when they will be available?

Olivier Blin mageia at blino.org
Sun Apr 17 16:14:51 CEST 2011

Dexter Morgan <dmorganec at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Marcello Anni <marcello.anni at alice.it> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> live cds should be available on 7th of april, we're now on 17th of april...
>> they will be released soon or they will be postponed? thanks
>>

>> cheers,
>> Marcello
>>

> blino was wprking to allow to make libreoffice available on them. Now
> it seems ok for libreoffice so maybe some Live can be available soon.
>
> Olivier, do you have an ETA for this ?

Hi,

No, I don't have any ETA for it (and the 7th of april date seems to come
out of nowhere), but we are making some progress here.

Thanks to you dmorgan, libreoffice can now be installed without java,
and the live CD sizes appear to be fine:

598M mageia-livecd-1-beta1-GNOME-int-cdrom-i586.iso
615M mageia-livecd-1-beta1-GNOME-int-cdrom-x86_64.iso
688M mageia-livecd-1-beta1-KDE4-int-cdrom-i586.iso
704M mageia-livecd-1-beta1-KDE4-int-cdrom-x86_64.iso

Also, the theme should now be ok for GNOME live images.

Though, we still have a few issues remaining:

- KDE: missing draklive-install icon on desktop
  -> it seems that the code to handle /usr/share/mga/desktop/ in
     /usr/share/kde4/env/kde4-firstsetup.sh is commented
  dmorgan, mikala: could you have a look?

- KDE: install error about kdm not found
- check that draklive-install entries in menu contain our distro name,
  not the legacy one

--
Olivier Blin - blino