[Mageia-dev] Version freeze and beta2 isos

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:32:22 CEST 2011

On 20 April 2011 11:13, Thierry Vignaud <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>> - version freeze is planned tomorrow. please upload pending work
>> - beta2 isos are planned for 26th of april. This is nearly the last
>> chance to get fixes integrated and tested in wide way. Please upload
>> before 24th of april so that we can have time to release.
>
> We'll need an exception for xulrunner2+firefox as firefox-4.0.1 is coming out
> with only security fixes
> (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/4.0.1/releasenotes/)

I think we should define a list of packages that should be always let through,
according to mdv policy for a couple years: firefox, xulrunners,
chromium-browser
are used to be updated to new versions in order to fix security bugs.

however, we may've to revise this since it looks like mozilla makes push more
than fixes in stable updates (unless I misunderstood and they'll only release
really quite a lot more agressively with their new nightly/aurora/beta/released
channels)