[Mageia-dev] Version freeze and beta2 isos

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Apr 21 01:06:10 CEST 2011

Le mardi 19 avril 2011 à 11:29 +0200, Anne nicolas a écrit :
> Hi there
>
> 2 reminders:
>
> - version freeze is planned tomorrow. please upload pending work

as said during the meeting, version freeze is in effect.

So if you need to upload a new version of a rpm, instead of typing
'mgarepo submit', you should send a new email here, with ""Freeze push
request: $package" so we can see the package.

The exception should be motivated :
- upgrade to stable if we ship a rc version ( like gnome-terminal -
- upgrade if we are sure this is a bugfix only release ( if possible
with link to the bugfixes ), for example stable release of postgresql
- upgrade if it fixes a bug that is important, if possible reported on
our bugzilla ( even if it add some features )
- upgrade for a security issue

What would be likely refused :
 - upgrade that requires to recompile half of the distribution
 - upgrade "just in case"
 - upgrade to a rc version or too new version
 - upgrade because "it was published during the meeting and my rabbit
chewed my ethernet cable so I could not submit in time"
 - upgrade without explanation
 - upgrade with insufficient chocolate to bribe us

One of the people who can submit ( listed on
http://svnweb.mageia.org/adm/puppet/modules/buildsystem/templates/submit-todo.conf?revision=1552&view=markup , seek authorized_users ) will then submit it, or tell why it is refused ( or simply forget to answer ).

Feel free to harass people on irc ( except for me )

New package are not affected by version freeze, so you can still upload
them for now.

Release freeze will be  the same with uploading a package with a
different release ( ie, almost all packages ) is planned for 10/05, ie
around 3 weeks. No new rpm will be uploaded for that.

--
Michael Scherer