[Mageia-dev] Libreoffice rebuild

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 04:16:08 CEST 2011

On 22 April 2011 03:12, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems that libreoffice do not rebuild fine and so people keep
> submitting it ( me included, but I think I fixed it ). It is starting to
> fill ecosse disk ( which is between 90 and 95% full now ), and I suspect
> that adding a 300 mo src.rpm on valstar on each compilation is not gonna
> be good ( puppet is already taking a long time to clean older log )
>
> So :
> 1) do we really need to keep the src.rpm as part as the build error ?
> I never used it since the build system was deployed.

I never used the src.rpm from an failed build, ever. Usually I have
the svn checkout on the HDD anyway...

So, I agree about deleting the src.rpm of failed builds (if my opinion
counts in this area).

> 2) what about compiling LO with VERBOSE=false as having a 30 Mo logfile
> with every single file that unzip decided to uncompress is not so
> helpful ?
>  ( I do not really understand why people at Ubuntu prefer to have
> verbose log :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/726333 )

Well, I'd keep the log verbose, 30MB is way less than 300MB src.rpm;
that's a good trade off IMHO.

--
Ahmad Samir