[Mageia-dev] Thunderbird disk storage way up

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:07:26 CEST 2011

On 22 April 2011 15:11, nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Apr 2011, Frank Griffin wrote:
>
>> On 04/22/2011 07:18 AM, Frank Griffin wrote:
>>>
>>> There doesn't seem to be a config option to control this "feature", so I'm
>>> guessing it's a build option that just got turned on, if it's an option at
>>> all.
>>
>> I found it, in Edit->Preferences->Advanced->General "Enable Global search
>> and Indexer".  Most of the Google hits were out of date, and placed it in
>> Tools->Options->Advanced, which no longer exists.
>>
>> Do we really want this on by default ?
>
> What is upstream default ?

Enabled by default.

As Thierry Vignaud said, some users will want it, some won't.

Fedora disables it by default:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=thunderbird.git;a=blob;f=thunderbird-redhat-default-prefs.js;h=eeb5c98f324ba4877f2374a758272b9ebb8eb899;hb=HEAD

Debian doesn't disable it AFAICS.

If it doesn't impact performance badly, 118MB on a 1TB HDD is
nothing... should be left as upstream default, enabled.

(I don't use it myself, though, as I don't use TB a lot).

--
Ahmad Samir