[Mageia-dev] Suggestion: what to do with iso?

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:54:40 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 08:52, Maarten Vanraes
<maarten.vanraes at gmail.com> wrote:
> So,
>
> I was talking to someone i know about Mageia, and she poked around the site,
> but then asked how to put the iso on an usbstick, since her netbook didn't
> have cdrom.
>
> I had to admit i didn't know exactly how, which brings me to my point:
>
> Perhaps it would be nice to have a link on the download page, on how to handle
> the iso for people who don't know how? (ie: burn it; or usb-stick-ify it)
>
> WDYT?

It's always good to have this kind of documentation, that we can
provide on the download page for after use.

Related docs:
 * http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Draklive#Building_a_live_CD_or_live_USB
 * http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/Installing_Mandriva_Linux#Installation_from_a_USB_stick
 * maybe others I didn't find

about this, but no equivalent doc on our side for now (in Wiki or website).

So someone to write an article about this is welcome.

Romain