[Mageia-dev] Any chance to push gcin 1.6.2 before full freeze?

You-Cheng Hsieh yochenhsieh at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:38:46 CEST 2011

2011/5/4 Funda Wang <fundawang at gmail.com>:
> 2011/5/4 Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org>:
>> Le mercredi 04 mai 2011 à 10:44 +0800, You-Cheng Hsieh a écrit :
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> The popular alternative input method in Taiwan, gcin, just released
>>> 1.6.2 recently.
>>> http://www.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~cp76/gcin/download/
>>>
>>> The same package of Cauldron is 1.5.6, which has no critical problem
>>> but gcin author makes lots of improvements and bugfixes during these
>>> months. I sincerely hope that a newer stable version could be included
>>> in the first Mageia release.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What kind of improvement ?
>> Does it requires changes in some others packages ( ie new options,
>> deprecated options, packages to rebuild ) ?
> No, it is just an alternative IME for Chinese. no other packages are
> depending it.

Hello,
The improvements made are mostly based on user habits and suggestions
of input method bahavior, as well as some tweak and adjustments on gui
display and settings. There is a long list of changes for each release
up to 1.6.2, but written in Chinese:
http://www.csie.nctu.edu.tw/~cp76/gcin/download/Changelog.html

Thanks,

You-Cheng Hsieh