[Mageia-dev] Notice on rpm-mageia-setup's find-requires script

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri May 6 15:21:47 CEST 2011

Le vendredi 06 mai 2011 à 10:07 +0800, Funda Wang a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> There is something wrong with my bugzilla account. so I post the
> relevant info here.
>
> `file` changes its output recently, maybe in 5.05, which affects
> find-requires in rpm-setup-build's helper.
>
> In 5.03 (in mandriva 2010) for instance:
> $ file /usr/bin/genhdlist2
> /usr/bin/genhdlist2: a /usr/bin/perl script text executable
>
> But in 5.06 (in mandriva cooker and mageia cauldron):
> $ file /usr/bin/genhdlist2
> /usr/bin/genhdlist2: a /usr/bin/perl script, ASCII text executable
>
> Such a change will cause find-requires cannot find correct perl
> scripts, thus missing requirements for the package. Maybe someone
> would be interesting on this:
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/soft?view=revision&revision=272567
>
> And, maybe a robot could rebuild all the relevant packages, which
> might be a huge work, especially when the release is coming.

So the impact is that package do not have a requires on perl, or that
all perl deps are missing ?
( ie, automated requires on perl module ).

If that's the first, since perl is almost installed by default, it
should be hard to notice the problem

FOr the second, that's more serious :)

--
Michael Scherer