[Mageia-dev]  update
remco at webconquest.com
Sun May 8 10:21:40 CEST 2011
On Sun, May 08, 2011 at 06:24:10AM +0100, Zé wrote:
>Im not getting the point, isnt this to be a Mageia first .po file?
>For me theres no difference about keeping the changelog, i just putt
>like it was in transifex thats why theres such a log.
>In fact i started sending into transfix the mandriva .po files.
All the .po files are already present in Mageia's svn (see
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/ ). These have been cleaned for Mandriva ->
Mageia references already. You should use these files from Mageia's svn as
a basis for your translation work, not any files from Mandriva's svn.
When you start translating using transifex, you can upload these files
there. For files which are already 100% properly translated, you don't
have to commit them back to Mageia's svn, only do this for files with
One of the current issues with transifex though is that it strips
copyright and translation notices. This is a known issue. Should you have
any changed .po files to commit to the subversion repository, and if you
are able to, ensure original credits are left in place. If this is not
possible or too much trouble, we (i18n team, as discussed in the last
meeting) hope to come up with a workable solution to this issue in the
I hope this clarifies.
PS. Transifex is meant as a tool to facilitate collaboration on
translation files. If you are the sole person working on this languages
translation, you may decide to use transifex as a medium which you only
push the updated files to, and don't commit anything to svn from it.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Mageia-dev