[Mageia-dev] Small remarks regarding mga 1 RC update from mdv 2010.2

Daniel Le Berre le.berred at free.fr
Thu May 19 13:13:40 CEST 2011

Le 19/05/2011 12:49, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le jeudi 19 mai 2011 à 00:49 +0200, Daniel Le Berre a écrit :

>>> That's what it always said in Mandriva, even when users intended to
>>> upgrade to the new release included on the DVD.
>>>
>>> [....]
>>>

>> But this is no longer Mandriva, so there is no reason to stick with that :)
>
> But there is a freeze, and a freeze is a reason to not fix small issues
> reported too late when there is more urgent fixes and stuff to do.

That's fine. It can be changed later. No problem with that.

> That's also we did beta and alpha isos, so we could have feedback as
> soon as possible.

I decided to update production computers, to give some real update
feedback. I could not install a beta or alpha on those systems.

To complete the experience, I updated a 64 bits MDV 2010.2, without any
problem (Intel graphic chipset).

So far, I am pretty impressed by the easy migration from MDV 2010.2 to
MGA 1.

Keep up the good job.

Daniel
(now running mageia 1 RC)