[Mageia-dev] Freeze push: sound-scripts

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:28:36 CEST 2011

On 19 May 2011 01:26, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
> Fixes asound.state path to allow saved state to be restored properly on
> boot.
>
> Also I made some fixes in soft for draksound to remove obsolete options
> and to not create PA configs when it's not installed (a thus preventing
> a clean install due to .rpmnew confusion)... not sure of the process to
> bundle it up and do a fresh release of drakxtools? I think from the NEWS
> file that there are other unreleased changes there waiting too....

The process is usually to:
- ask around[1] if it's OK to release
- then to bump version in Makefile.config[2] & NEWS
- running "make localdist"[3] in order to to generate the tarball
- update the package in SVN as for other packages

See you

[1] in the good old times, it was on install@ ml or on IRC, I guess we could do
     that here now, unless other people got bothered)

[2] that version number can apply either for drakxtools or for
drakx-installer-stage2
     or sometimes for both

[3] I should rename localdist & localcopy targets as dist & copy now
that they're unique